Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Missing New York State Fall

Hawaii is great, don't get me wrong..but the downside of October is that Halloween is coming, and there is no apple cider in site. Nor any freshly picked apples- for apple crisp, or apple pie...

It is one of the things that I miss about Central New York- Autumn- Leaves, colors and leaves falling. The wind swishing them around in the streets as you drive by...I have actually been known to drive thru certain neighborhoods, just for when the leaves turn colors on a sunny day.....!

I did manage to fine a genuine Pumpkin Farm here on Oahu though- so I had to tromp through the fields to find a few pumpkins...I was pleased they had ghost pumpkins, the white ones  ...and the standard orange- there were also wagon rides, and roasted corn for sale...
What made it very different was that it was hot.....very hot- as the farm is located in the Ewa plains, so not much rain, and no apparent shade...oh well,  I have my two pumpkins on the table...so this good...
  

No comments: