Thursday, October 22, 2009

Seals




The seals have been so funny lately- Saturday we had an official seal count day- I was stationed at Sunset Beach for my shift- and there was not a seal to be seen....the whole time we were there- hours...




Sunday, I receive a call in the morning that there is a seal now sitting in the middle of Sunset beach-( this beach tends to be populated with people, many of them tourists ) so I brought my friend out with me, and we stayed with the seal, until a nasty, unleashed dog, ran into the roped off area, and the seal on the beach barked loudly at the dog. The dog did not want to leave the seal alone, no matter all the coaxing my friend and I did. Finally, the seal had enough of the dog, and she went back into the water. It is too bad that this dog was not with an owner, and harrassed the resting seal.

No comments: